We are VOICE/CSEA: a union made up of and working for family childcare providers from across New York State, organizaing for power to take on challenges facing us and the children and families we serve.
- CSEA Child Care Tentative Agreement Exceeds Expectations!
Because we have a strong base of dues-paying members, we have reached a second child care Tentative Agreement with the NYS Office of Children and Family Services that exceeds our expectations in these hard times for working families.
Highlights of the four-year agreement (October 2013 through September, 2017) include:
- $500 Child Care Quality Grants ($16,433,500).
- Expanded Professional Development Fund ($8,566,500).
- Health insurance premium rebates (NYState of Health Exchange) and supplemental insurance (vision and dental) ($19 million).
- Fair Dispute Resolution Process for Payments and Inspections.
- Guiding Principles (Provider Rights) – to make sure we get the respect we deserve.
*Only VOICE/CSEA members may vote on this Agreement. Watch for the yellow envelope in the mail. Read and follow the instructions about how to complete and return the ballot.
LOST OR MISSING BALLOT? Voters with missing or damaged ballots will be directed to request replacements by calling our Duplicate Hotline 1-800-529-5218 Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This number is to be utilized only for duplicate ballot requests. Members may also make requests by e-mailing requests to Sacha Ulerio at email@example.com. Voters are asked not to call prior to May 20, 2015, to allow sufficient time for the delivery of all ballots.
Since 2002, we’ve built a strong union that supports child care providers to deliver early learning and care. We’ve taken action and accomplished many of the goals set by our members at regional, statewide, and chapter meetings. In addition to delivering more than 19,000 five hundred dollar ($500) child care quality grants to providers who applied, VOICE/CSEA:
- Established the first statewide family child care resource center to support providers and assist with registration, licensing, and inspections; DSS payments; fraud investigations; CACFP; and professional development.
- Provides assistance with CPS, fair hearings, OCFS license/registration enforcement procedures, and zoning issues.
- Passed legislation to make adult-child ratios more flexible for providers and families. With the new ratios, family child care businesses had the potential to earn $7,000 to $15,000 more annually in parent fees.
- Protected and restored parent eligibility in counties across the state and secured $55 million in new dollars in last year’s state budget for child care subsidies for working families.
With the expansion of pre-k and new federal requirements for subsidy dollars, times are harder than ever for family child care providers. VOICE/CSEA gives family child care providers power and resources we never had before to safeguard family child care and sustain their businesses. With a strong membership base, our union will continue to negotiate and deliver resources, support and services to providers across New York.
Si usted desea una copia traducida al Español, por favor llame al Centro de Recursos para el cuidado de niños al (877) 483-CSEA (2732).
- Provider Appreciation Day is May 8
- Free Book Opportunity from First Book
Albany area? pick up in Niskayuna.
Not near Albany? $0.55 shipping across the rest of the state.
Click link below for more info and to Apply Now.
- Voting vital for child care success
It is more important than ever, especially during these hard economic times as decision makers and leaders are making “tough choices” to manage local and state budgets,
that the voices of all working families be heard.